06 May The Explosive Growth Of Cloud Computing [INFOGRAPHIC]
Below is a great infographic shared with us by Randy of CoolInfographics.com related to the explosive growth of cloud computing. The infographic was produced by Eclipse Internet, a provider of broadband solutions in the UK. Learn more about their services at eclipse.net.uk.
What can you take away from this infographic to improve your business? A couple things, actually (thanks for asking :))
- 86% of companies use more than one type of cloud computing service – MOST USE FOUR!
- Studies predict that more than 50% of all information technology will be in the cloud within the next five to ten years.
- In the next five years, hybrid clouds are expected to represent 43% of the market – HIGHER than both public AND private.
- Photographs, email, and business docs are far and away the most common items stored in the cloud, according to a survey by Endurance International.
It is true that the world needs faster and more reliable Internet connections to take full advantage of the cloud. However, today’s growing businesses also need to be willing to focus solely on their business needs and accelerate their technology evolution for:
- Faster technology deployment
- New technology testing on a low risk platform
- Scalable cost structures relative to their needs
Interested in learning more about the benefits of moving to the cloud? Let’s connect. Feel free to contact us today!