05 Dec The 6 ?’s Of The Cloud: Larry Kesslin, 4-Profit
Over the last few weeks, we have publishing exclusive interviews with many of the speakers scheduled to appear. We have prepared six questions for each speaker related to the cloud and cloud services for solution providers, and each speaker has been generous enough to share their answers with us and our blog readers.
Below is the seventh interview in our series featuring Larry Kesslin of 4-Profit. Links to the other interviews in the series are included at the bottom of this interview.
MEET THE SPEAKER
- Name: Larry Kesslin
- Title/Company: CEO, 4-Profit
- Session Topic: Success Redefined
- Date And Time: Wednesday, Dec. 3
- LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/pub/larry-kesslin/0/188/7a7
1. Why is it so important for tech companies to embrace the cloud?
The reality is that there will always be a need for companies to help integrate technology into companies, no matter what the technology is. The latest technology evolution is the cloud so solution providers need to find their place and what role they want to play. Companies are migrating applications to the cloud and the partners need to move with that change or lose out to other solution providers.
2. How can coaching and expertise from 4-profit accelerate the future of today’s solution providers?
4-Profit focuses on helping our clients run more effective and profitable businesses. We don’t focus on any technologies, but the overall health of the company. Our services help our clients build stronger management teams, recruit better talent, market their services more effectively and improve the acumen of their salesforce. Together these services help our clients in all aspects of their business to accelerate their growth.
3. Which of the six pillars of the cloud should service providers be most concerned with adding to their portfolio?
Solution providers have a choice, just like real estate companies do. Are they interested in being a landlord (owning their own data center), just selling space at Rackspace or AWS (sales rep) or any of the other options. They need to know what role they are going to play in order to be successful communicating their value proposition to their clients.
4. What partners have been instrumental in helping your business take its steps forward with cloud technology?
We use Intermedia to handle all of our email needs. They have been the most helpful to date.
5. What excites you the most about the NexGen Cloud Conference? Why did you decide to get involved?
This is the first opportunity I have to deliver a keynote presentation at an event by The Channel Company. I am also looking forward to seeing a lot of friends that I have known for many years. Having been in the industry for more than 15 years I know a lot of people.
6. Can you give me a preview of what attendees are going to learn about during your presentation at NexGen?
The Success Redefined speech is my life’s journey over the past 20 plus years on my search for more meaning in my life. I have achieved more than I really dreamed of financially and I still never felt complete, until I started really giving back in a big way. The more I give back the more complete I feel, and it starts with finding your purpose. Once you find your purpose you can seek others with shared common purpose, because in the end we crave human connectedness at a deep purposeful level. I have redefined success beyond making money and achieving power to include being part of something greater than myself. It is this part of the definition that fills that void.
Get Answers To The ‘6 ?’s Of The Cloud’ From More NexGen Cloud Con Speakers:
- Sam Coyl, Netrepid
- Stephen Elliot, IDC
- Ken Thoreson, Acumen Management Group and Keith Lubner, C3
- Jeff Kaplan, THINKstrategies
- Jason Bloomberg, Intellyx
- Allen Falcon, Cumulus Media