23 Sep The Channel Company Announces Experts Headlining NexGen Cloud Conference
Google’s Ray Kurzweil, Mirantis’ Alex Freedland, and Gartner’s Tiffani Bova Top List of IT Heavyweights To Offer Best Practices Advice to Solution Providers Building Cloud-Focused Businesses
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. Sept. 23, 2014 — The Channel Company announced today it has assembled a collection of the IT industry’s most influential and brightest minds to speak at its upcoming NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo to be held December 4-5, 2014, at the San Diego Convention Center.
Ray Kurzweil, an American author, computer scientist, inventor, futurist, and director of engineering at Google, will kick off the conference by delivering the opening keynote address December 4th. Joining Kurzweil as keynote speakers throughout this groundbreaking event will be:
- Alex Freedland, Chairman and Co-Founder of Mirantis, the leader in OpenStack
- Tiffani Bova, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst at Gartner
- Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies, who will lead a panel of today’s most influential cloud vendors.
NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo theatre sessions by David Linthicum of Gigaom and Cloud Technology Partners, Stephen Elliot of IDC, and the CRN Test Center along with presenters from CompTIA, Acumen Management, C3, and Cloud Spectator will also be featured as part of the conference’s blockbuster agenda.
“The IT industry has gone through many inflection points and transformations, but these pale in comparison to what is taking place today in the new cloud era,” says Robert DeMarzo, Senior Vice President, Strategic Content, The Channel Company. “Cloud-focused solution providers are looking for direction and expert advice on how to navigate through this period. At the NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo, we are providing them with the information they need. This is not a technical conference, but one dedicated to the major sales and marketing issues facing cloud providers and integrators. That is what differentiates this conference from all other cloud events.”
More Info On The NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo
The core of the event’s content will be delivered by cloud partners and integrators who will share best practices to help attendees choose their paths to the cloud and develop strong, viable business models for the future. Designed specifically for solution providers that want to accelerate their cloud growth, as well as the developers and vendors that support them, speakers will offer practical and prescriptive information to help cloud partners understand the public, private and hybrid cloud opportunities that exist today, and where they can make investments to help them capitalize on market opportunities and customer demand tomorrow.
“The NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo is bringing together solution providers and their key vendor partners with a host of business experts and industry analysts in a setting designed specifically to address the issues of how to deliver solutions to end-user customers via public, private or hybrid cloud,” says Lisa MacKenzie, Senior Vice President, Events, The Channel Company. “Both solution providers and vendors know that, as partners select and build their cloud model to address customer needs, they must work together as integral parts of that process or miss out on the next big market opportunity.”
Key NexGen Cloud Conference Sessions and Speakers
- “Marketing Strategies For The New Cloud Economy” – Alex Brown, CEO, 10th Magnitude
- “Building Your Cloud Portfolio” – Allen Falcon, CEO, Cumulus Global
- “Solution Provider Playbook For Competing Against AWS, Google & Azure” – Sam Coyl, President, Netrepid
- “Business Model Transformation: From Managed Services to Cloud Services” – Sean Ferrel, CEO, Managed Solution
- “Customer Perspective: Moving a $71 Billion Media Company to the Cloud” – Rich Roseman, Former CIO, 21st Century FOX
- “Embrace Cloud-Based Service Delivery” – David Powell, Vice President of Managed and Cloud Services, TekLinks
- “How To Make Money with the Microsoft Cloud Platform” – David Geevaratne, President, New Signature
- “Cloud Connectivity: Why Network Services is a Strategic Imperative With Cloud” – Mike Saxby, Vice President, Cellular Optimization
Presenters will address the most pressing issues facing the IT professionals who are building cloud solutions to power the next generation of technology and growth among American businesses of all sizes. As such, the event’s unique content will be covered by CRN, one of the most powerful, high-tech media brands in the IT industry today.
To Learn More About NexGen Cloud Conference 2014:
- Visit www.nexgencloudcon.com to learn more about the conference.
- Attend the event: Register now
- Learn more about the event’s speakers
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company is the channel community’s trusted authority for growth and innovation, with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED, and SharedVue. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading-edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
The Channel Company
SOURCE: The Channel Company